Friday, April 2, 2010

Such an Exciting Meal!!

This may be my favorite meal of the week.  Are you ready???  Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!!! 

Why is this my favorite meal?  Because the peanut butter is all natural.  Seriously, the only ingredient in this stuff is peanuts, nothing else.  At first, I wasn't sure I was going to like it.  Do you have any clue how little peanut taste is in most commercial peanut butters?

The next reason it's my favorite meal... Homemade strawberry jam.  Last summer, Bug and I went strawberry picking for the first time and I made a bunch of freezer jam.  With as much of a hit as it's been over the winter and into spring, I think I'll be making MUCH more of it this year!

And the final reason this is my favorite meal... Homemade bread!  I know I posted about making wheat bread earlier this week, but this is the first "meal" we've used it for.  Most of the bread has been eaten solo, as a snack.

Who knew that something as simple as a PBJ could make me smile so much?!  I am just totally in love with the fact that I made a meal that is mostly homemade and contains no words I can't pronounce in the ingredient list!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Homemade jam is the bomb. And we're down to the last 2 jars here...come fast, strawberry weather!
I like this meal, too. With salty potato chips on the side!

Heather said...

I agree! There is a strawberry patch in the town I grew up in (about 10 miles from where we live now) and a farm that has you-pick raspberries about 4 miles from me. Can you guess where I'll be???