Friday, April 9, 2010

Jillian Has Many Talents!

(Day 7 total, workout day 5)

Tonight, I needed a bit more "low key" workout because we got home late, so I threw in my new "Yoga Meltdown" DVD.  Yes, it says "meltdown", the cover claims you can lose up to 5 pounds per week, and it has Jillian's face on the cover.  You would think this would be enough warning that there was a beating coming my way, but NOOOO, I figured it'd be a bit easier on me as well as quieter for the sleeping teen below me.

Well, I'm sure it was quiet for him.  As for me, I cursed at Jillian Michaels more during this DVD than I did the first time I put in "30 Day Shred". I also was drenched in sweat, surprising for a yoga workout! 

For a beginner, this workout is a bit brutal.  You'll definitely get a workout, but if you're not used to working out or you're not familiar with yoga poses, you will probably struggle.   Well, I hope you do, otherwise it's just me, and that'd make me cry!  If you're not used to yoga, I definitely think it would be beneficial to watch it before starting so you have some clue of what you're doing.  I found it hard to keep an eye on the screen and do the poses correctly.

I am going to take a couple of days off from Shred so I can get used to this, then I will probably combine the two, alternating days. 

No comments: