Wednesday, April 7, 2010

30 Day Shred - Day 5

Crap, my routine got screwed up and now I'm sitting at 60% success!  We wound up having a playdate tonight that went WAY later than I had hoped. And I found out this morning that my downstairs neighbor's son sleeps in the front room, directly over where I workout.  So, I'm not going to run the risk of waking him, I will simply use this opportunity to see if I can switch to morning workouts.

One thing I need to remember is that yes, I want to exercise and I want to get in shape, but I need to keep priorities straight.  Today, a friend was in dire need of a shoulder to cry on and all of our kids are stir crazy from the rain we've had this week.  I did feel guilty as my kids' normal bedtime approached and we were still there, but Bubs fell asleep in my arms and the older kids were watching a movie. I was there for my friend when she needed me. As long as I still make being more active a priority, I will be better off.  I can NOT allow my desire to do 30 Day Shred to consume me to the point where I'm not a person I want to be.  I'd much rather be fat and a good friend than skinny and viewed as the woman who won't miss a workout no matter who needs some time.

On the positive side, my water intake was GREAT today!  And my eating wasn't nearly as bad as it could be seeing as I stared at pie, cupcakes, cookies, and all sorts of other good treats most of the day!

No comments: