Sunday, April 4, 2010

Getting to Know You #2


Thanks again to Keely at Mann Land 5 for hosting a great weekend blog hop! I'm looking forward to hopping around on this Easter Sunday to meet other bloggers.  Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to check out your blog.

1. Showers or baths?
Showers, no question about it!  I'm weird about most bath tubs, so it's just not relaxing for me.  Someday, I hope to have a house with a tub that hasn't been used by anyone but me and my family and hopefully I will be able to enjoy soaking with a good book!


2. Do you have any crazy urges?
Depends on what you consider a crazy urge. I get sudden, sporadic urges to clean, mostly if I'm anxious or angry.

3. What is one thing we don't know about you?
Hmmm, just one? How about a HUGE shameful admission?  I still have my Christmas tree up!  It's not that I'm a Christmas fanatic, it's more that I was raised by one and there were some things that stayed up year round so it's not odd to me.  I'm thinking today may be the day it has to come down!

4. Exercise..love it or hate it?
A little of both.  Once I'm in the swing of doing it, I love it.  Right now (just starting out) it's still a chore.  Hopefully once the energy level and strength increase I will forget the loathing.

5. Do you think you have a good body image?
Yes and no.  I'm comfortable in my own skin, I just wish there was less of it.  I don't want to be "skinny", I just want to be healthy.  My goal is to get down to a size 12 so I can't shop at Lane Bryant anymore.  I love them, but how great would it be to walk past knowing everything there is too big?

6. Flour or corn tortillas?
Depends on what they're being used for.  Most of the time, we use flour, but I'm trying to switch to corn.

7. How do you celebrate Easter?
We used to go about an hour north of home to celebrate with our huge extended family. Then it was just my grandparents, their kids and us grandkids. This year, we aren't getting together with the family, I think we're going to start claiming this holiday for "just us" and watch movies, eat popcorn, and have a nice dinner tonight.

8. Hard boiled Easter eggs or plastic eggs?
Plastic for hunting, when we do it. Didn't boil eggs this year because I'm the only one who eats them.
 
Looking for something to do today?  Want to get to know other bloggers?  Be sure to stop by Mann Land 5 and sign in to the McLinky!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I totally Love your answer to number 5!!! It made me laugh out loud because I totally feel the same way about being comfortable in your skin but wishing there was less of it. I'm so glad that the weather is starting to change because it makes exercising and eating healthier seem more doable!
Good luck!!

Rising Rainbow said...

Looks like a fun Mime. No eggs at all here this year. It's actually feels kinda weird. LOL

Beth McC. said...

LOL I get that sporadic urge to clean too, its not often but it does happen! Happy Monday!