Saturday, April 3, 2010

30 Day Shred - Day 1.5

Yesterday, I decided to pick up Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred based on the rave reviews and successes my "mommy group" girls have been posting on FB.  I was actually looking for a bathroom scale (which I never found) and saw that the DVD was on sale.

Last night, after Bubs was asleep and Bug was in the bath, I threw the DVD in.  About seven agonizing minutes in, a friend feverishly texting me and Bug screaming to get out of the bath forced (okay, allowed) my finger to hit the stop button.  I seriously wondered what I was doing trying to go from 0 to 60 in a split second after the warm up and the first circuit.

Tonight, I changed into exercise clothes, said a prayer (no, really, I prayed for the strength to get through it!), and hit start.  After the first circuit, I wanted to quit and "try again tomorrow" but I plowed through.  After the second circuit, I was getting tired, but kept on trucking because I knew it would be over soon.  By the end of the third, I was damned proud of myself.  I DID IT!  All my 240ish pounds made it through!

Yes, I just admitted it.  I have WAY more than the 18 pounds it seems like most of the internet is trying to lose.  Like I said, I never did find that scale, so I can't give a starting weight or know exactly where I'm at.  For now, I'll say that I'm in a "tight 18W" jeans.  I'll take a pic in my jeans that started fitting right before I got pregnant with Bubs and post it soon, along with the t-shirt that motivated me to get down to business about my weight loss.  Hopefully, they'll both fit better in a month! 

2 comments:

Dani G said...

Stopping by from SITS. This post is fab. You're awesome. Don't give numbers the power! It's gotta be about how you FEEL. It's hard to say those numbers out loud but you did it, and they're just numbers. Yep, you're pretty awesome ;)

A friend keeps threatening to drag me to a spinning class (what if I'm not good at it, what if I can't keep up, what if I feel like a failure?). The fact that you kept going and made it through all three circuits is great. Maybe I'll give it a try... like, next week or something :)

Heather said...

Thanks!

I highly suggest you go to spinning with your friend! You may not keep up at first, but you never will unless you start somewhere. The only way you're a failure is if you convince yourself you cna't do it and choose not to try it!