Thursday, March 25, 2010

Green Laundry?

So, I'm over half way into my week of focusing on laundry.  The good news is I've only forgotten one load in the washer.  The bad news?  Rather than forget laundry in the washer, I've apparently decided to ignore its existence.

That's not entirely true and I have a good excuse reason for not doing laundry.  I'm out of soap and have procrastinated on finding a better option that won't make my husband break out or make the checkbook cry!

If only I had done a search sooner, maybe I wouldn't be trying to find a solution in a hurry because I'm out of clean pants for work tomorrow morning!  The first site I found may become a new best friend.  They have a fairly simple, straight forward recipe for homemade laundry detergent!  I am going to try this tonight and pray that my clothes come out clean!

If anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them!  Just remember, I'm trying to save money while being more conscious of my decisions.  I don't claim to be an expert, in fact, I'm the exact opposite.

2 comments:

OurLittleBlessingS said...

my friend is having green giveaways this week if you are interested! i just came across your blog and it seems that you 2 have a lot in common:P just thought i'd let you know! i'm also a new follower of your blog! :D
jess
my friends blog: www.suburbansavingmama.com

Heather said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to check her site out now!