Sunday, March 28, 2010

Getting to Know You #1


This week, I decided to join the Getting to Know You meme hosted by Keely at Mann Land 5. It's a great way to get to know other bloggers and memes have helped me find some amazing blogs I wouldn't have found otherwise.

1 - Why did you start blogging?
I started my first blog in 2006 as a way to find myself.  The previous year, I had gotten married and had my first child, which made me feel like I no longer had my own identity.  I was no longer Heather, I was now Rick's wife and Bug's mom.  Writing is something I have always been passionate about, so blogging seemed to be a great outlet to journal.
My current blog was started just a week ago.  The old one didn't "fit" anymore and, to be quite honest, I felt like it had a very negative vibe to it.  I don't want to be negative anymore, I want to focus on the positive and move forward in life.
2 - Who's the one blog friend that you would want to meet most in "real life"?
It wasn't until recently that I became active in the blogging community, so I don't "know" many people yet, but I would love to meet Pam from Troop Petrie.

3 - Why are you always concerned with losing that "extra 10 pounds" when chances are your husband/boyfriend/friends tell you that you look just fine the way you are?
Look, just because my husband doesn't mind seeing my body the way it is, that doesn't mean I don't mind!  For me, it's way beyond "that extra 10".  I want to lose weight to be HEALTHY, not to look smokin' hot for my husband, although that would be an added bonus!  As for friends, I don't think many friends would tell you that you were still chunky if you've been working hard to look good!

4 - What's the one thing you wish guys could understand about you?
Just because I'm not "super girly" doesn't mean I don't like to get dressed up and look fabulous every once in a while!

5 - Tattoos. How many do you have and how many are visible when you wear your "everyday" clothes?
I have one that is only visible when I wear a skirt or shorts.  I want to get more, but good tats aren't cheap!

6 - What was the best year of your life and why?
2005, by far!  My dad got remarried to my amazing step-mom, I got married, we had our first child, and my brother got married to his high school sweetheart.  How much better could a year get??

7 - Name three things you would do if you were a man for one day.
Honestly, I'm not sure!  I don't think there's much I don't do now that I would if I was a man for a day.
8 - What's your alcoholic drink of choice that usually raises a few eyebrows?
I don't drink much anymore, but just once, I would love to have a Bloody Mary morning around the hotel pool during a family vacation.  I can remember my entire extended family going to weddings and the adults would drink have a bloody mary to "wake up" while the kids swam before checking out.  These days, that would definitely raise an eyebrow or ten, but it's a wonderful memory I have from my childhood.  It wasn't about getting drunk, it was about a once in a while indulgence and spending time together.

2 comments:

Beth McC. said...

Stopping over from MannLand5! I love all your answers, so fun!!! There is nothing better than a yummy Bloody Mary!

Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to get to know you better!