Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cut Drying Time

As much as I would love to have a sparkly new dryer with all the bells and whistles, it's not in the budget right now.  That means I'm stuck using my old dryer, which normally takes at least two cycles to dry clothes.

The other night, I read an article that suggested putting a dry towel in with the wet laundry as a way to cut drying time.  I honestly didn't think this would work, after all, it's one dry towel. 

Reluctantly, I found a nice, fluffy towel and threw it in with Bubs' diapers.  These always take about a cycle and a half to dry, even using the "sensor dry" setting.  Usually, the prefolds and pocket outers are dry at the end of the cycle, but the fitteds and pocket inserts are still damp. Much to my surprise, with one dryer cycle that was shorter than it usually is, every diaper in the load was dry!

Figuring this wasn't enough of a challenge for that hard working towel, I washed a load of nothing but jeans.  The nemesis of my dryer, my plus-sized jeans along with hubby's cargo jeans with all of their extra pockets.  ONE CYCLE!!! 

Looks like I can no longer use my excessively long drying time as an excuse for not doing laundry!  It also means that I won't have musty clothes if I don't remember to reset the dryer because I no longer have to reset it!