Sunday, March 28, 2010

500 Cupcakes

So, I recently decided to start baking my way through this book. The thing about a book that promises so many different recipes is that it's nearly impossible for all of them to be perfect.  Unfortunately, I found this out on my first recipe.

I promised myself that I was not going to change any of the recipes on the first attempt even though I rarely follow a recipe to the letter.  I need a baseline for the recipes so I can make adjustments as necessary.

I'm now questioning if I will follow that rule through the rest of the book.  I felt the Carrot Cupcake recipe was flawed, but went ahead with it. It seemed like it was lacking moisture and short on spice.  I was right.  It was so far from what I wanted that I'm going to take this batch (unfrosted) to church for fellowship.  Honestly, they're not bad, they just seem closer to a muffin than a cupcake.  This afternoon, I will try the recipe again with the changes I wanted to make and the changes my husband, my official taster and critic, wanted made.  Hopefully, this will result in something I can be proud of.  If it turns out, I will post the recipe and pictures later tonight!

No comments: