Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mother Nature is a Vile Woman!

Last week, it was over 80 degrees.  Earlier this week, it was almost 70.  Today, the high will be 42.  Add on top of that two rainy days followed by a night of snow, and work today is BRUTAL! 

For those who don't know, I operate a lunch time food cart. We're night quite as dedicated as the Postal Service, we don't operate in lightning, but we do operate in all other conditions.  Today, I have on a long sleeve shirt, my UW sweatshirt (go Badgers hockey!), and Crocs.  Why Crocs?  Because with everything that happened last night, I was too tired to dig out my boots this morning.  Luckily, I parked my car right in front of the cart (which I'm watching like a hawk to avoid the evil parking enforcement cop who I think watches for meters to turn red so she can race to them.  (I stand corrected, it's apparently an equally eager male parking cop) Because I have my car and it's directly in front of me, I was able to steal Bubs' blanket and wrap my feet in it.

Like a kid in school, I see the clock and I'm counting the minutes until my release from this frigid hell.  Somewhere, there is a cup of coffee with my name on it.  And tonight, I'm thinking I will splurge on a six pack (which will probably wind up being used primarily for brats) and curling up with a good movie.  On second thought, I have to get my backside back on track and keep my date with Jillian.  Damn her!

No comments: